Welcome Back

Dear Parents and Students

Welcome back everyone, it was wonderful to see all the smiling faces back in class.  This will be my new class blog this year, specifically for the music classes.  One of the things I learned last year is that students found it difficult to find the links to the music we play in class. This year I hope to post as much of it as possible, or at least links to it.  Last year the music program was very successful and I am looking forward to another great year.

Students in grade 3 and 4 will be playing a recorder this year.  I can purchase recorders through Cosmo music for $6.99 for a entry level recorder and $16.99 for a little higher quality.  Both made my Yamaha. Students in grades 5 and 6 will be playing a Ukulele. I can purchase Ukuleles as well from Cosmo music for a range of princes, $45.99 and up, depending on quality and sound.  If you are interested in purchases either a recorder or Ukulele for your child please feel free to contact me.

Students in grades 7 and 8 will be taking part in our instrumental music program, playing concert band instruments.  We are currently working out a rental agreement for instruments and will be sending home the information as soon as possible.

Yours in Music!

Mr.  Morin

4 thoughts on “Welcome Back

1. Hi Mr.Morin,
    I would like to buy Samantha a recorder please. Can I send in a cheque? Do I make it out to you or the school? Does that price include tax?

Thanks so much,
    Shannon

2. If you are looking to buy a ukulele it needs to be a soprano, concert or tenor. At school we are using Mahalo, but Kala and Beaver Creek are nice sounding as well. I think what is important is the size and that you like the way it sounds. It is something that they could have for life.